Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Prepear Yourself: A Pair Of Pears!


A sensational new art exhibit is on display at the Pretentia art museum! Entitled Prepear Yourself, it features an array of paintings and sculptures created by internationally-renowned French artist, FrOoT. It's a spectacular display of high art inspired by dreams of a Pearallel universe.

Our own journalist, Natah Vejtible, sat down with FrOoT for an interview:

Natah: Thanks for being here today! I think the question on everyone's mind is, "Why pears?"

FrOoT: Of course. I had a dream one night about a pearallel universe where everything revolved around pears...so I got up and just started creating, you know?

Natah: What was the first work you created for this exhibit?

FrOoT:  My first work was A Pair Of Pears, a male and female pear made out of pear resin. I think it speaks volumes about the human condition–about how we're really all like fruit. We desperately claw for a meaningful relationship before we shrivel up and turn brown in the sun. Yet some of us just fall to the ground alone and get eaten by birds.

Natah: Uh, ok...I guess that makes sense. "Prepear Yourself" has currently been on a world tour display in 24 cities now! Did you expect to receive such a positive response for this exhibit?

FrOoT: I didn't, actually...but I'm very pleased with how people pearceive it! ;)

Natah: Haha, I see what you did there. Do you have a favorite sculpture or painting?

FrOoT: I think Pear Of Pants speaks to me the most. It's a commentary on the social and political status of the world today. Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time; we're all squishy and vulnerable to the forces of nature.

Natah: I think I get it, yeah. Well, thank you for your time!

FrOoT: You're welcome, it's been a pearleasure.

"Prepear Yourself" will be on display at the Pretentia museum in Atlanta, GA until April 24. It features 42 different works of art, a mini roller coaster, and a surprise pearamilitary ambush at the end. It's an exhibit beyond compear!

*Here's just a few of the many works on display:

• A Pair Of Pears (pear resin sculpture)                                    
• Pearadox (pear paste on canvas)                                      
• Peariodontitis (crayon on construction paper)
• Pearachute (pear resin sculpture, suspended by wire)
• Pearanoid (pear paste on canvas)
• Sepearate (macaroni on sandstone)
• Pear Of Pants (gastric acid on graham cracker)
• The Pearrot (organism made from pear/parrot cells)

*See promotional pamphlet for full list

No comments:

Post a Comment