Monday, September 25, 2017

Hooray For The Grey!


Here's a preview from my upcoming book, Lullabies For Goblins Vol. 2...

Hooray For The Grey!

I've seen what people do–
they hook my friends with bait
and drag them to the surface
off to a cruel fate!

Stuffed in metal cans
they leave these sandy shores
to be wrapped in plastic
and sold in human stores.

But I'm safe from human hands–
quite sure of it, I am!
You won't find a piece of me
inside a can of Splam!

Oh, you're wondering why?
Alright, I suppose I'll say.
It's because their meat is white
and mine is stringy and grey.

Hooray for the grey!
They can't eat me!
While everyone fries in lard,
I'll be laughing in the sea!

Hooray for the grey!
'Cause my meat is as dark as the night!
One taste and you'll spit me out–
I dare you to take a bite!

Although it's still possible
I'll hit a propeller one day,
I'm safe from the nets at least...
so hooray for the grey, I say!

Hooray! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment